Friday, November 03, 2006

Without the bitter, baby, the sweet ain't as sweet.

I'm just putting this post out as a 'to do' list for myself. I've a fair bit on. Don't worry, Grandma, it's nothing I can't handle but I could do with clearing my thoughts on to here.

It looks like I'm more or less clear on what I'm doing at uni. I've recently started Japanese and 3D Animation. Of the latter, I've missed a fair bit so I'm going to work damn hard to catch up. DAMN HARD. I consider the subject to be important to a possible career plan. It's good to start Japanese again, I did three years at college - I'm still rusty though.

I originally started with a web design course. That has be swapped with the animation. However, I'm hoping to still attend class since it covers image theory and similar subjects. Which blows my mind. Golden Ratio and all that? Awesome. Yes, I am being serious.

Of my two other subjects, Direction and Videogames, I've projects for each. The Videogames card game is coming on. Hopefully I'll have something close to a full game by next Tuesday. On that, I made the mistake of thinking we had to make it from a 52 card pack. This isn't so, we can design our own cards (within the brief.) How awesome is that?

Direction has two journal (read: blog) entries imminent. One is the script dissection, I'm reading through Crash now. Hopefully, I'll get to watch it over the weekend after my work. The other piece of work is called Artist Identity. It is meant to identify my personal themes as a director. Or maybe even an artist. Or a person(!) I'll go into it more on the actual entry as it sounds quite heavy. Seriously, I think a few skeletons might surface from the depths of my soul. Well, it looks fun anyway. And it will be a better attempt than the previous post to understand my direction style.

Finally, I have a few non-uni but uni-related projects hovering around me like a Back To The Future hoverboard in a windtunnel. These are Salvador (which is an animation series in which I'm to do a pilot,) an animation parodying video games, a drum n bass music video (just to practice working with fast edits) and a competition that has entrants making a music video for a selected track of their chosing. www.radarfestival.com is the site. Unfortunately, having taken on more than I'd imagined with my course choices these may have to go on the backburner. We'll just see how hard I can bust some balls I guess.

Keep it unreal, soldiers.

1 Comments:

Blogger joolsayodeji said...

golden ration stuff should really come in handy for animation and direction components also. glad to see you looked at radar festival email. backburner seems like a good idea whilst heavy into uni work, though should be exceelnet idea and easy to feed into work done at uni if you manage to get the time.

12:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home