Saturday, November 04, 2006

Stop, Artistic Identity part 1, Recover.

The first part of my Artist Identity study sees me exploring events that have shaped my life. I told you it was heavy. Now, to do this I had to make a list of around 10 events, experiences, flashpoints or whatever in my life. After, I was to make an honest assessment of the list; as if I was looking at another persons list.

So what is on my list? Well, it got pretty serious so I’ve decided not to show it. It’s personal stuff y’know, I’m not going to put it on a public blog. So deal with it. However, I still have work to do and I have decided to put my assessment of it on here. Hold on to your pants:

"Even from the earliest event on this list, there are negative feelings in each. Be it daunt, depression, guilt or inadequacy, it is a worryingly upsetting read. For every event that could be considered positive, there are negative undertones that spoil the mood somewhat

However, it seems that there is a positive upturn of outlook over the period of time it covers. It certainly seems that things are past their worst. The pleasure/pain ratio is slowly turning in favour of the pleasure. Though you are left to wonder; how fragile is the balance?

The themes in the list are the usual things that are important to a person, family, friends, health and careers. However, possessions feature. Questioning integrity somewhat.

Objectively, the list is full of achievements. There are examples of overcoming adversity. Perhaps this list is a good advert for the theory of karma?"

Well, I did get quite super cereal (read: serious) with my assessment didn’t I? Don’t worry; I’m mostly a happy person. But then again, we were told that Aliens mostly come out at night… mostly.

I think I can see how my life’s experiences affect my direction styles. However, I didn’t mention any of my directors or artists’ influences in my list. Surely, this can’t be ignored? It is still an interesting task.

A further extension of this piece of work is due soonish, so check back. What do you mean ‘no’?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home