Sunday, November 05, 2006

Artistic Identity part 2, 'cus I'll never dance again.

Okay, the next part of the Artistic Identity is a study of my role models, heroes etc. I had to take a few from literature & fiction, celebrities & similar icons and people I know close to me. After I was to make a self-protrait from the list. Enough of my trash-typing, check the list out:

Fiction


Spiderman/Peter Parker – At the time of Spiderman the characters creation, he was an untraditional hero. Finally, a superhero appeared who teenagers could relate to. As well as have problems with supervillains and the change in his body, he has to deal with he love life, family and education. It is because of this that he is a cult icon.


Solid Snake – Physically strong, professional and not without morals, he represents a traditional hero. In the exposure of his character, we find he has a life as a normal person despite his background and the situations we find him in. He has also been shown as a teacher in his relationship with the character Raiden.

Snake isn’t without enemies, a lot of his character is revealed in his efforts to overcome them. Despite everything he’s always had a sense of humour to call upon.


Alex – Considered to be a pretty evil person, his exploits as a murderer, rapist and thug are not what appeal to me as a person. Instead, the distinction between him as a young man and the rest of society do. He is out for himself, a typical anti-hero.

Celebrity


Hunter S Thompson – A guy who lived for the moment. He had an amazing self-destructive quality that I can relate to sometimes. His work and life fascinates me. He’s an endless source of quotes too. I like this one; “If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.”


Laurel & Hardy – I can’t separate these two. They were one person on screen and the screen was there life. They made slapstick seem easy creating many imitators, but none had the intelligence that Laurel & Hardy had.


Tim Burton – He tells fairy tales for adults. His eye for animation is near perfect too. A total role model for me.

People

Paul Jewess – A life long friend and a legend in the making. He aspires to be a director, he always has. We’ve always talked about our dreams and now I think he’s on the verge of living his.

Barry Brown – He believed in me and took a risk. You’ve got to be brave to do that.

A self-portrait from that list? I’m someone who likes the idea of a hero but with flaws. Someone who lives for the day and takes pride in his work whether it shows or not. There’s an unhealthy obsession with death as if to want an easy way out sometimes. But my trade keeps me going.”

How’s that sound? Know me better now do you? Think again because I’m like the wind. And the wind, you cannot kill.

(all photos, except Spiderman, are from the sexy www.wikipedia.org Wikipedia>you)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Ian Sanders said...

Hehehe if I remember correctly that was you in the Spider man suit. :) your secrets out.

As for Clockwork orange, Damn I want to be like that whens I grows up me froogles.

10:45 am  
Blogger joolsayodeji said...

be really interested to see how this portrait of a personality shows itself in the work you go on to produce.

12:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home