Introducing: Death Spinner
With apologises to Andy, this post is slightly later than expected. I had problems converting the video. I might touch on that later within in evaluation.
Anyway, there's my lovely new 3D animation project. Slightly more ambitious this time, my modelling has come on a bit. As has my understanding of 3Ds Max. I've a way to go before I can say I'm a master of it but, at least, I'm confident of what I can achieve.
It definitely looks more complex than it was to make. The main model, the Spinner, was made from 3 objects and cloned for the other uses. I used a particle spray and an explosion (HELL YES) and that's about it. The 2D imagery was hand drawn and animated in Flash. Putting it with the 3D was a simple task of using a chroma key in Final Cut Pro. Very professional yes?
The spoof ad itself is obviously tongue-in-cheek. I drew inspiration from writers like Trey Parker & Matt Stone, the Monty Python team and others. All the sound and music was created by myself (there might be one or two effects I found on the internet but it's nothing important.) And that's about the size of it really. I'm quite pleased with it but I've had that thing of working so much on it that I've fallen out of love with it. There's a lot of things I could have made tighter for instance. The file conversion was such a pain, it made me want to kill. KILL I say. It was due to the eternal struggle between PC & Mac. But, if I'm honest, I left this to the last week, it wouldn't have been a problem had I given myself more time. Also, I wish I had added another fire effect at the beginning and made the particles look like flames but, hey, I'm juggling a lot of balls here. *trombone noise*
Now, I'm looking on to my next 3D project. It's about anything we want. In fact, it doesn't have to be computer 3D. It can be anything. Stop-motion, cel, anything "as long as it looks cool" (< a quote that is.) So, yes, I'm happy about that I dare say. Not sure what I'll be doing content-wise nor creation-wise. But I'm not going to stop learning 3Ds Max so maybe it'll be 3D just to show what I've learned.
Well, Bloggimus Time is getting rather serious recently hasn't it? What with the videos an' all? Well, it's only going more serious 'cus I've got a whole lot of jazz coming up. Videos and waffle.
You jus' dealt wit' da dawg. Holla!
Labels: 3D animation


1 Comments:
Lol, 'Shut up mom, you suck' Classy line. that could become a legendary phrase like the one in south park 'They took our jobs!' - 'Theytukrjbs!'
Post a Comment
<< Home