Sunday, January 28, 2007

Introducing: Channel 27 sting. Biggety.

I can't say I've talked much about the following project on here much. So to make up for it I'm even including a video clip(!) Yes, that's right I'm posting another one of those bad boys. So, on to business, this clip was a project for my 3D animation class. We had to produce a sting for a TV station, real or otherwise, made from 3D (obviously.) For those who don't know what a sting is, it is the bits that advertise the actual station and it's shows. Importantly, the logo of the station is shown/advertised. Okay, before I really go to town on my jive-talking/fire-walking of this clip, I'll post the video up. SHAKIRA SHAKIRA:



There he is look! Okay, as you can see for a 3D project it's pretty 2D. I'm still a bigger fan of traditional animation over modern 3D. At least, I find traditional stuff easier to do alone. I'd probably try more complex 3D stuff if I was working with a group. Probably anyway. Furthermore, currently, my 3D modeling isn't at a great level I would like to improve that before planning stronger 3D stuff.

So, already roasted, my video needs some bigging up I think. In planning the sting I made sure I worked to my level. I wasn't planning Toy Story 3. As long as I made it an interesting enough concept *and* something that could be viewed as a professional production, my aims would have been achieved. Which I dare say I did. So there.

I think that my prioritizing of the importance of character made my sting what it is. I have a theory that I've considered quite a bit since taking on 3D work. That is that, the less a character looks human, the more character it has. On the flipside, if a character looks realistic the audience will see the flaws and other issues that stop it from being totally real. For example, it seems like it is easier to see human characteristics in R2D2 than a human character from, say, Final Fantasy: Spirits Within.

Reading that back it doesn't make much sense but I'm pretty sure I'm on to something. I'll revisit this theory later in this blog because it is rather important to a lot of my animation work. And because I'm sure I'll be able to explain it better. And I know the theory has legs. Honest.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Ian Sanders said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:12 pm  
Blogger Ian Sanders said...

You never did like any of the final fantasies after 7, game or not. So that opinion is biased. Do you like Terminator 3 though ?

hehehe!!!

8:14 pm  
Blogger Ian Sanders said...

Oh yeah, post that one you did with the horse coming out of the guys back... I would like to reference it for my E4 stings project if possible.

8:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home