How do you kill...that which has no life?

BOOKA! Hell yes! That's my gun. And I won't hesitate to blast anyone with it. On Unreal.
Okay, I'll lose the gangsta talk and get serious for a second. I made this in 3Ds Max for videogames design. The idea was to create a prop (game related) to put in Unreal Tournament. After a lot of thinking (too much in fact) I decided to produce a gun. We had a poly count to keep an eye on, yet it had to be more artistic than a crate.
As regular readers (all zero of you) would know, my modelling expertise has been questionable in previous projects. However, working with this gun has improved that to an extent where I'm quite pleased with the final outcome. Y'see, I had been playing Metal Gear Solid 3 at the time and I wanted to recreate a gun similar to Snake's M1911a1:

And I've always loved the Dostovei pistol in Goldeneye 64:

(Sorry for the poor picture) I think I've got close to the two in some respects. So I got what I set out to do. Which is nice!
Admittedly, the gun is only a static prop in Unreal currently so it won't be 'poppin' no fools' just yet. But considering the learning curve of the project I think I did well enough. An example of that learning curve; the final gun I handed in was made in a day - the first model took 2 months and had to be scrapped due to poly issues amougst other things. So, it is testiment to my improving modelling I dare say.
I'm not sure how far I'll take this but if I ever get it into Unreal, I'll try get a video up of me nailing some sucker square in the back. Like the gentleman I am. Here's hoping anyway.
Labels: video games


2 Comments:
Hey... thats some impressive stuff right there, makes me want to pop a cap into some unfortunate unreal players butt. Maybe it would work with Counter-strike Source too?
Still waiting for the animation about the horse that comes out of the guys back. post all the series.
Post a Comment
<< Home