Friday, October 19, 2007

Yellow matter custard, dripping from a dead dog's eye.

Okay, I think there is one more piece of work I haven't mentioned. I'm fairly confused by the whole setup now, but 'what doesn't kill you' and all that I guess. It seems I've overlooked the Successful Practice module. From reading this, it appears I need write an essay on my pathway into whatever industry I'm heading towards. Since this course doesn't offer gunslinging lessons I'm plumping for animation. So, the piece I produce will look at the kinds of jobs open to me and how I think I'll get there. Off the top of my head, there are animation jobs in TV, film, videogames and advertisement to name a few. I'll have to look them then. However, I might consider going on to further education after this year so I might mention that too.

It sounds to me like it is going to be a boring, formal piece so I'm wondering if I can jazz it up a bit with more subjective discussions and emotive language? I'd much prefer to write in the style I use on here than "this study is looking at career opportunities for myself as potential animator and my ability to type like a robot." Or something. I shall have to find out anyway.

While I'm chatting about style, I've a good idea for what I'm doing for my 2nd(?) term client project (recap: I have to produce 6 artifacts based in the subject I'm working on and that are relevant to my previous research project, yeah.) I've already announced in one proposal that I'm going to produce one scene and reproduce it in different animation styles. Big undertaking I know but I'm prepping a 3D animation, stop-motion, hand-drawn, Terry Gillian-style cut-and-paste stop motion, limited animation, with one more style to consider. Could be puppetry maybe? Anyway, I'm getting a little ahead of myself because I really should be practicing these ...practices. I haven't done stop-motion for about four years? Damn. I'll update my movements on here as always.

That's it for this post. Reading back I think I've only written it for myself. Not that it's a problem, it is my blog yeah? Okay, I'll leave with a story for those who have actually managed to read this far. Recently, I went with a friend to see a Beatles tribute act. For the venue it was in, it wasn't a cheap ticket but hey, I like The Beatles and the original band don't seem to tour much these days. Anyway, the gig kicked off and they all looked the part. Well, Paul looked like Micky Dolenz from The Monkees but no one complained. So the band went through the most popular tracks in a chronological order of sorts and when it got to the period when John played the keyboard mostly there was a shocking development.

During one song, John played the keyboard skillfully, so skillfully that he was chatting to some ladies at the same time. Fair enough I guessed, he is John Lennon. Just as I was thinking 'that's a damn fine skill to play piano as well as he's doing and mac on ladies' he gestured a shrug of his shoulders and then, THEN, he brushed his hands all over the keys while laughing and shaking his head, mouthing 'I don't know what's going on.'

My face was like the guy on the right:


^ Michael Ironside probably plays John Lennon in this story. I might as well have been watching Milli Vanilli.

Out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home