More scans. Even less waffle (lie.)
Here is my final working idea. Grown from the pain and suffering I've endured from the earlier work.

Here they are to save the day! These pair of exterminators are the insect repellent in human form. Known as Pest Extermination Super Team (P.E.S.T.) they follow their client 24/7 or 'til the money runs out. I wanted to have a buddy/slapstick style in the characters. And, most importantly, they aren't character insects!

I had issues with the smaller exterminator. For some reason I didn't like the look of him so I went and drew him 'til I liked him. The final choice, seen fully drawn, came to light because his simplicity and classic comic book style appealed.




And this is the early storyboard. There are parts missing, particular the end and the pack shot, but that is because I know exactly what is going there so I don't need to waste time drawing them out. The joke is that the insect pests aren't actually harmful. The real pests are P.E.S.T. because they're bad at their job. Or at least, they love the job so much they go overboard. Adding to the fact they wanted to be soldiers but weren't allow into the army, things kick off whenever the chance arises. (Notice the change in the smaller exterminator to his final design in this storyboard.)
I'll let you soak all of that in now. Mmmm.

Here they are to save the day! These pair of exterminators are the insect repellent in human form. Known as Pest Extermination Super Team (P.E.S.T.) they follow their client 24/7 or 'til the money runs out. I wanted to have a buddy/slapstick style in the characters. And, most importantly, they aren't character insects!

I had issues with the smaller exterminator. For some reason I didn't like the look of him so I went and drew him 'til I liked him. The final choice, seen fully drawn, came to light because his simplicity and classic comic book style appealed.




And this is the early storyboard. There are parts missing, particular the end and the pack shot, but that is because I know exactly what is going there so I don't need to waste time drawing them out. The joke is that the insect pests aren't actually harmful. The real pests are P.E.S.T. because they're bad at their job. Or at least, they love the job so much they go overboard. Adding to the fact they wanted to be soldiers but weren't allow into the army, things kick off whenever the chance arises. (Notice the change in the smaller exterminator to his final design in this storyboard.)
I'll let you soak all of that in now. Mmmm.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home