Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Scans of work. No waffle.

Here's my promised scans. They're not the highest res for internet reasons but they should give the general idea. It's an abridged collection of my stuff so don't go thinking this is all I've done.



One of my earlier drawings, from the beginning I've always wanted to avoid drawing the insect as a character. It's something I've explored before, see Me, Mothy & The Bear, and it's something I feel is quite obvious to retreat to when making a comedy insect repellent.



Here's my visual take on a brainstorm. It featured two story ideas. One being a man who fascinates over his insect spray and goes crazy when a fly steals it. The other would have been a back 'n' forth between two human-like flies, only to be blasted by spray at the end for no reason. While I liked the comedy potential of each, I didn't follow these up for various reasons.



Part 2 of 3 of an early storyboard I did featuring, yes, flies as characters. It is about a war on a cake between humans and flies and... and I can't bring myself to talk about this; I hate it. Move on.


This was one point were I tried to attempt to make a fly character look that I like. I got away from the 'Mothy' design well enough but at the end of it I realised I definitely had a problem with comedy talking fly idea as a whole. I quickly moved on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home