Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Nothing but big things.

I knew, KNEW, when I wrote I'd have my timetable up yesterday I'd end up having it up by today. My reasons for it ar.. actually I do not care to explain myself. I shall just post what I've timetabled, comment on it and none shall be the wiser.

The Client Project has to be in on week 17 giving me 5 weeks (including this week.) Here's what I have planned:

Week 13
Decide on plot & action - I had early ideas for what I'm doing though recent revelations have lead me back to the drawing board. I shall put the results on here.
Character design - Having to produce something involving insects, I seem to find it hard *not* to draw something that looks like my Mothy design seen in an earlier animation. Insects are more than just moth-like so Iwant to see if I can create something more fantastical. You could say, it's really beginning to bug me. Guffaw!
...sorry.

Week 14

Rough sketched storyboard - It'll give me a very clear picture of what the final design will be.
Make 3D backgrounds - A difficult one. I'm planning to do 3D backgrounds with 2D characters, so I need to start making the backgrounds by this time. I'm planning to have little change in the background so one landscape should be enough. Still, I need to get fresh with 3Ds Max again.

Week 15
Continue 3D backgrounds - I'm guessing I won't have finished working on these so here's extra time for it.
Draw characters for Photoshop - This will be the final drafts of the characters before colouring. I'm hoping these are going to turn out real professional since it's probably my most experienced part in the project.

Week 16
Turn into animatic - Okay, I'm just going to throw this out here. I'm planning to turn it into an animatic if I've time. Basically it'll be a video of the slides including the sfx and voice overs, it gives a better idea to how the animation will work. I figure if I follow my timetable closely, by this time I will have a good chance of doing this. However, it isn't a definite as I don't want to rush anything.

Week 17
Hand in - By now it should be entirely finished and wrapped up like a mummy. I hope I don't come across printing or codec problems as I usually do. If done correctly, I'll have time to make sure I don't at least.

-----

My Research Project has 6 weeks. The hand in is on week 18 (most of the following don't have comments because it just means that's part of the report I'm writing, such as chapters and the like):

Week 13
Essay structure completed
Reading list made

Week 14
Chapter 2 Research Method
Chapter 3 Survey of Literature & Works,
Chapter 4 Discussion - This is a big one

Week 15
Chapter 3 Survey of Literature & Works
Chapter 4 Discussion

Week 16
Chapter 4 Discussion
Chapter 5 Conclusion
Chapter 1 Introduction
Context

Week 17
Evaluate piece - This isn't a chapter or anything, it is me proof reading what I've done. Of course, proof reading is a constant work ethic but this is where I'll double check.
Title page
Acknowledgments
Abstract
Contents
List of Illustrations
References
Bibliography
Appendices
Print - Again, I'm begging for no problems.

Week 18
Hand in

-----


Wow. And that's that. Of course, it'll all depend on circumstance but I'm hoping to stick to this plan as close as possible. It also makes me realise how much work I've got on. Busy busy!

Also, I must make a mental note to myself that playing Peggle doesn't feature on that list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home