Thursday, January 10, 2008

Like that? That's called getting whooped.

Skull sculpting, how is that going? I hear you not asking. Well, I'm upset you didn't ask because I've done a fair bit of moving and shaking in this department. I've continued looking into molding, sculpting and designing physical objects. Of which includes stuff like fibreglass, epoxy resin amongst other things. I've lead to some conclusions of this idea after my review week presentation so read that for more information.

Wait, the skull sculpting hasn't died just yet! I give you, transcending history, a skull carved from dry oasis foam using only a penknife, my bare hands and utmost shrewdness:



TAFFERS! Well that image didn't turn out as expected. I suspect some goblins in the midst. Or Photoshop liberties on my part. Anyway, these photos taken on my mobile phone (I know, double taffer) are of the stages I went though in carving my skull. Realise this extra skill: in carving the skull the feel of the foam went right through me. Yuk! But I powered on for the good of the skull-love.

Mainly, I did it so I have a physical concept of a skull's form. The result was a caricature of a skull if anything. While I mean to be more realistic in the design, I don't want to be too medical. If you get me Bruce?

GET ME!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home